IIMN invites application for faculty positions:
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Visiting Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty
- Corporate Strategy & Policy
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- General Management
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
- Decision Sciences & Information Systems
IIM Nagpur started its journey under the mentorship of IIM Ahmedabad in the year 2015.Since its inception, our endeavour has been to make IIM Nagpur a world class management institution. We are determined to contribute to the society not only by creating and disseminating knowledge in the management field but also by providing competent and ethical professional managers that would make the business world more effective and efficient.
We strongly believe that a crucial resource for any academic institution is the faculty. Some faculty have already joined the Institute, and some more faculty would join soon. We are continuing our efforts to recruit more faculty. Our focus will be on management knowledge dissemination through education and research publication; and creation of management knowledge through industry-institute interaction and research. This process, we believe, creates a vibrant ambience that attracts bright minds — both students and faculty. This in turn makes IIM Nagpur the platform for synergic interaction between academics and practitioners.
Ph.D. in appropriate discipline with First Class in the preceding degree or equivalent degree from a recognised University/ Institute, as detailed below.
Required Work Experience and Pay Band
- For appointment of Assistant Professor, one should have Ph.D. with first class (in the preceding degree) or equivalent in the appropriate branch with very good academic record throughout and at least three years industrial/ research/ teaching experience excluding however the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates with less than 3 years of experience, if selected, would be appointed in the PB-3 (41500-39100) with an AGP of Rs.8000 p.m. With minimum pay fixed at Rs. 30,000/-.
- Assistant Professor on completion of 3 yrs of service shall move to the pay band of Rs. 37,400-67,000(PB-4) with the AGP of Rs.9000/- and will continue to be designated as 'Assistant Professor'.
- For appointment as Associate Professor, one should have a Ph.D. with first class or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of six years Teaching/ Industry/ Research experience of which at least three should be at the Assistant Professors, Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer.
- To be appointed in PB-4 (Rs. 37400-67000) with AGP of Rs. 9500/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-4 to be fixed at Rs. 42,800/-
- For appointment as Professor one should have a Ph.D. with first class or equivalent with very good academic record and a minimum of 10 yrs experience of which at least 4 yrs should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc, IIM, NITIE and IISCR.
- To be appointed in PB-4 (Rs. 37400-67000) with AGP of Rs. 10,500/- p.m. For direct recruit's minimum pay in the pay band to be fixed at Rs. 48,000/-
- Up to a maximum of 40% of the posts of Professors at any given point of time will be eligible for AGP of Rs. 12,000/- p.m. after 6 yrs of regular service in AGP of Rs. 10,500/- p.m. subject to performance evaluation based on research publications, Ph.D. supervision teaching and consultancy services etc.
Visiting/Adjunct Positions are considered for such applicants who seek positions based on contractual/course-specific terms.
Terms & Conditions
- The candidates will be invited in a reasonable number based upon the relevant criteria. Mere fulfilment of the criteria does not entitle a candidate to be shortlisted.
- The Institute will communicate only with short-listed candidates
- The Institute requires the selected candidate to join immediately.
- Reservation:IIMN Strives to encourage diversity norms of the Govt. of India. Qualification, experience and competence remaining the same, reservation as per Government of India rules would be applicable. Latest copies of necessary certificates as per relevant rules must be submitted, when called for.
- Shortlisted candidates would be invited to IIMN campus for interaction with the Institute's Faculty Selection and Job talk committee. Such candidates would be provided economy class return fare by air (by shortest route) and accommodation.
- However, at this stage of application, copies of certificates/supporting documents need not be attached/ submitted. Such proof would be sought only from shortlisted applicants.
The candidates may click on the below link to submit their online application
IIMN is on the constant lookout for dynamic faculty who are excellent in their respective specialisations in terms of teaching and research. Hence, candidates are encouraged to apply on an ongoing basis. However, our first review of the applications is scheduled for 25/10/2017 .