Murty has awarded The Best Teacher and Most Responsive Teacher Award at IIMB. He held various academic administrative positions. He has designed and conducted several executive education development programs for various organizations. He was also a consultant for companies in various sectors.
Professor Murty’s areas of interest are in the fields of Operations Planning and Operations Strategy.
He has taught courses on Operations Management, Operations Planning, Operations Strategy, Quantitative Methods, Research Methodology, Management Information Systems and Corporate Strategy. He has also designed and conducted several executive development programmes for various organizations like ABB, BHEL, BPL, Crompton Greaves, HLL, Infosys, ITI, National Association of Civil Supplies Corporations, Orissa State Electricity Board, Saint Gobain, Siemens, Tata Motors, TCS, and Wipro.
Madras Refineries Limited*
Bharat Heavy Plates and Vessels*
MP State Civil Supplies Corporation
Bharat Earth Movers Limited
Avasarala Automation Limited
Includes papers, working papers, and conference presentations
- Shubham, Parikshit Charan, and L. S. Murty (2016), Organizational adoption of sustainable manufacturing practices in India: integrating institutional theory and corporate environmental responsibility, Journal International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology.
- VasanthiSrinivasan, L.S. Murty, MonishaNakra, (2013) Career persistence of women software professionals in India, Gender in Management: An International Journal, Vol. 28 Issue: 4, pp.210-227
- Ramesh G. and Murty, L.S., Determinants of Management Control at Responsibility Center Level: Software Industry as a Case, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 2011, Working Paper # 330
- Murty LS, KV Nitin, and IshaDhiman, Cost Optimization for line haul transportation of 3PL players, Paper presented at International Conference on Operational Research For Urban And Rural Development (ORURD), [Organized by Thiagarajar College of Engineering Madurai – 625015 & ORSI-Madurai Chapter], December 15-17, 2010.
- SarangJagdale, Ishwar Murthy, and LS Murty, Simultaneous Evaluation of Product Line Decisions and Investment in Production Technology/Capacity Decisions, Paper presented at POM 2007 Conference at Dallas, May 2007.
- Avittathur B, Janat Shah, and LS Murty, Mathematical Modeling of a Multi-Product, Multi-Region Production-Distribution System, Paper presented in Operations Management Workshop, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 1999.
- J Shah, LS Murty, Compassionate, High Quality Health Care at Low Cost: The Aravind Model-In Conversation with Dr G Venkataswamy and RD Thulasiraj, IIMB Management Review, 2004
- Murty LS, ERP: There is more than meets the eye, Economic Times, July 4, 1999.
- Avittathur B, Janat Shah, and LS Murty, Comparison of production-distribution strategies with review periods as decision variables: Case of multi-product, multi-region production-distribution system - Part I, Working Paper: WPS-363/99, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, 1999.
- Avittathur B, Janat Shah, and LS Murty, Comparison of production-distribution strategies with review periods as decision variables: Case of multi-product, multi-region production-distribution system - Part II, Working Paper: WPS-363/99, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, 1999.
- Murty LS, ERP: Source of Competitive Advantage, Paper presented at Strategic Management Conference at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 1999.
- Avittathur B, Janat Shah, and LS Murty, Product Design from a supply chain management perspective, Working Paper: 154, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, May 2000.
- Invited case review: Case on TQM implementation, Business Today, August, 2000.
- Narasimhan MS and LS Murty, Emerging Manufacturing Industry: A Financial Perspective, IIMB Management Review, 13(2), June 2001.
- Murty LS, Constraints Management – An Indian Case of Throughput Improvement, Productivity, 42(2), July-September 2001
- Sundar DK, Murty LS and Sundaresan J, “Material Stock Exchanges: A Supply Management Solution for SMBs – An Indian Case Study”. Paper presented at the 3rd West Lake International Conference on Small and Medium Businesses, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR of China, November 2001.
- Murty LS, Operations Planning in Supply Chain Integration. Paper presented at Operations Management Conference at Mumbai, December 2001.
- Diatha K. Sundar and LS Murty, Coordinated Planning System Configuration. Paper presented at POM 2002 Conference at San Francisco, April 2002.
- Murty LS, Interactions among production planning decisions. Paper presented at POM 2002 Conference at San Francisco, April 2002.