Prof. Deeparghya Mukherjee is a faculty member of the Economics area at IIM Nagpur. His teaching and research interests include international trade and investment agreements; services trade, economics of outsourcing & IT integration in India.
Prior to joining IIMN, Prof. Mukherjee has been a Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute of South Asian Studies, National University of Singapore and a Research Fellow at the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), New Delhi. He has completed his doctoral studies, Fellow Program in Management [FPM (PhD)] from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore in the area of Economics and Social Sciences with a minor in Finance. He is a certified Financial Risk Manager, FRM (GARP) and has also worked as a Business Analyst and Assistant Manager in the Advanced Analytics departments with HSBC and Citibank for over three years before pursuing his doctoral studies. Previously he had obtained a master’s degree in economics from the Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
Research Interest: International Trade, Global Production Networks, Trade in Services, Trade and Investment Agreements, South Asia.
Teaching Interest: Managerial (Micro) Economics, International Trade, Macroeconomics, Econometrics
Mukherjee, D. (2017) “Hidden Costs of Offshore Outsourcing: An Analysis of Offshoring Decisions”, Journal of Industry Competition & Trade. (forthcoming)
Mukherjee, D. (2016) “India-ASEAN trade in intermediates and final products: A study of selected sectors”, Global Economy Journal, 16(4) pp 721-743.
Mukherjee, D. (2016) “IT Services in the Indian Economy- An Analysis and Comparison with Selected Countries”, Journal of South Asian Development, 11 (2) pp 203-223.
Mukherjee, D. (2016) “A World Trade Organization for the 21st Century” ed. Richard Baldwin, Masahiro Kawai and GaneshanWignaraja. Edward Elgar Cheltenham, UK. Northampton, MA, USA. Book Review, Journal of South East Asian Economies, 33(1) pp 111-112
Mukherjee, D. (2015) “TRIPS and the balance between private rights and public well-being: The case of the Pharmaceutical Sector” Foreign Trade Review, 50(4) pp 284-297.
Palit, A. & Mukherjee, D. (2017) “India-EU Industry Value Chains: Perspectives and Evidence from Textiles and Software Industries” Chapter in book titled “Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Challenges and Experiences from East and West” edited by F.M. Go, S.E. Little & T.S. Poon, Palgrave Macmillan
Tumbe, C. & Mukherjee, D. (2015) “India-EU Economic Linkages and Mobility” Chapter in book titled “India-EU People Mobility: Historical, Economic and Regulatory Dimensions” edited by Rupa Chanda & Pralok Gupta, Cambridge University Press, New Delhi. ISBN 978-1-107-10481-5
Chanda, R. & Mukherjee, D. (2014) “Investment Linked Skilled Mobility between India and the EU” Chapter in Book titled “Migration, Scientific Diasporas, Development : Impact of Return Skilled Migration on Development in India” edited by Gabriela Tejada, Uttam Bhattacharya, BinodKhadria, Christiane Kuptsch and Jean-Claude Bolay; Springer. ISBN 978-81-322-1810-4
Mukherjee, D. & Chanda, R. (2012) “Investment and Migration Linkages between India and the EU” CARIM-India RR 2012/16, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies San Domenico di Fiesole (FI): European University Institute, Florence, Italy.
Mukherjee, D. (2012) “Abundant Food grain Stocks, Ample Foreign Exchange Reserves and Poverty: Addressing the Challenges of India's Development Story” – Award winning essay on the occasion of golden jubilee celebrations of Indian Economic Service, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
Mukherjee, D. (2015) “India in the international trade of Intermediates and Final Products- A sector level study” ISAS Working Paper No. 210. Institute of South Asian Studies. National University of Singapore. Singapore
Mukherjee, D. (2016) “India-ASEAN economic linkages: Challenges and way forward”, Ideas for India.
Mukherjee, D. (2015) “India-Bangladesh: New Trade Links” FII-News.com, Singapore
Mukherjee, D. (2017) "Here's how India can become more integrated in global trade" The Conversation Global, 28th June, 2017
1. Conference of the International Association for Applied Econometrics (IAAE), Sapporo, Japan, 2017
2. International Conference of International Trade and Finance Association (ITFA), Poznan, Poland (2017), Los Angeles, USA (2016)
3. Invited panelist for session on 'RCEP Pathway' at RCEP: The Clearest FTAAP Pathway Symposium, organized by Singapore APEC Study Centre and Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) YusofIshak Institute, Singapore, 2017
4. Invited panelist for session on ‘Emerging Market in International Relations’ at the Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw, Poland, 2017
5. Panelist at international workshop titled India's Integration with Asia-Pacific: Economic and Strategic Aspects, Institute of South Asian Studies National University of Singapore, 2016
6. International Conference on Current Economic Trends in Emerging and Developing Countries, The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of West Timisoara, Timisoara, Romania, 2015
7. Invited Panelist at the 4th Roundtable of the ASEAN-India Network of Think Tanks (AINTT). Organised jointly by ASEAN India Centre, Research and Information System(RIS) New Delhi and ISIS Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2015
8. Eastern Economic Association, 38th Annual Meeting, Boston (MA), USA, 2012
9. CPR South Young Scholar's Workshop and Annual Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2014
1. Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Kolkata: 2016, 2013.
2. Annual Conference on Contemporary Issues in Development Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata: 2016, 2012
3. 6th Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), 2013
4. 7th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development, Indian Statistical Institute Delhi, India, 2011
5. Winter School, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi, India, 2011
6. Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR), Indian Institute of Science (IISc),
Bengaluru, India, 2011.